Commish Update - Women's World Cup
This email is only for our private pool commissioners, like you who created your own FIFA Women's World Cup pool. We are just 10 days away from the start of the FIFAWWC so I wanted to check in to help make sure your pool is running smoothly.
Important - Bracket Change
In case you missed my note on the website, Facebook or Twitter last week, the first thing I have to let you know is I made a mistake in the original Women's World Cup bracket. Sorry! Very frustrating for me that happened.
Two Round of 16 matches had wrong opponents facing each other. This is now updated online and in our printable bracket.
You may want to send a note to your poolies for them to check their bracket before the deadline to see if they want to update their picks. A reminder note is not a bad idea anyway, in case people are not aware they can change their picks up to the deadline.
Here To Help
Here are answers to some common questions I receive about the pools:
- When we hit the pool deadline on June 7th - kickoff of the first game - then all of the picks for all participants in your pool will appear on the results page.
- If people are interested in joining your pool but don't want to create an account, then you can add them through your own member account, and use the alias feature to identify their entry.
- If the alias feature does not seem to be working, then it probably means you input an invalid alias name or it matches an existing member. Edit the entry, choose a different alias, re-submit picks.
- If (when) people want to join late, you can edit your pool and check the "allow entries after the pool deadline" option. Then input the entry, and afterwards go back and change that option.
- If you need to delete entries from your pool, then email me the details and I will take care of it. You can split entries into two separate tables on the results page using the paid/unpaid buttons.
If you have any other questions then let me know. Thanks for using the website for your FIFA Women's World Cup pool! This is going to be a great event!
- - - - -