World Cup Starts This Week!
Well, you guys finally did it. Blew past my email service quota requiring an upgrade, and broke the free public World Cup pool temporarily, now all good after I programmed it to limit the entries per page. Its all good - I am excited about the World Cup starting this week!!!
Most of you are already in one or more of (a) a private pool you created or were invited to join, (b) our free public pool, and (c) my $22 entry pool, which is awesome. Thanks for using the website! But, I wanted to email with a few important reminders.
- You can edit your picks up to the entry deadline this Thursday at 11:00am Eastern.
- However, the earlier you finalize your picks the better. I suspect the site is going to get extra busy this week.
- No one can change their picks after the entry deadline. The pool is not designed to re-pick at the Knockout Stage. This is a pick it all, then sit back and enjoy and see how you do pool format.
- If you find the alias feature isn't working (heard this a few times) it is because your submitted alias either conflicts an existing member name or includes an invalid character. Click the icon next to the alias box for info, change it and try again.
- Private pools I plan to have the site send out automated email results once a week, but will probably not do that for the free entry public pool. Check the website for those results.
- To receive the auto-email results for your private pool, make sure your member account is updated to receive "pick reminders / auto-email results".
Most importantly - and I really hope this isn't a problem -
Make sure you are in the right private pool!
Every pool includes a title at the top, whether it is private or public, and who the commish is. If you are logged in then any pool results page will show your entry and picks for that pool near the top of the page. Links to all of your active pools are found, when logged in, under your username in the upper-right, or on the World Cup main page. If you think you have a problem, email me and I will try to respond and help asap.
Donations, Ad Removal
MyOfficePool.ca's bottom line isn't my top priority in life, or clearly, I wouldn't do this and instead continued being a tax accountant! (Story for another day.) However, I am incurring some time and expense so if you could, use the links to remove ads for your private pool for a small fee - makes the site look nicer too - and donations are appreciated.
If your company is looking for a sponsorship opportunity, or want to run a promotional pool for any sport, or need a PHP web developer and/or Microsoft Excel expert to do consulting work (sports or non-sports), then connect my LinkedIn profile and send me a message.
Last Call to Join
If you aren't in one of our World Cup Pools yet you are really running out of time. Options:
Thanks everyone for playing! Please follow MOP on Facebook and Twitter. Looking forward to an awesome World Cup and good luck in your pools!
- - - - -